Thursday, July 28, 2016

A TradeMaster Crimping Tool With Metric Screw Cutting




Yeehah! I've finally got a crimping tool that cuts metric screws.

As I find myself using metric screws more and more often, I've been wanting to acquire a metric screw cutting crimping tool, but they seem to be rare birds indeed. This fills the bill nicely.

The screw sizes it takes are:
  • M2.5[1]
  • M3
  • M3.5
  • M4
  • M5[2]
As far as I know, TradeMaster is a Home Hardware house brand. I checked Home Hardware's website, and this tool appears to no longer exist.

Anyway, this can go straight into the drawer where I keep all my other crimping/screw-cutting tools.

- - -

Notes:

[1] The marking on the tool looks like 'M2.6', but there's no such thing that I'm aware of. It must be M2.5.

[2] M5 is just slightly larger than inch No. 10, and No. 10 screws take a lot of force to cut. You'd really have to squeeze for all you're worth to cut M5 screws.

# # #


# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment