Sunday, July 24, 2016

A Stanley 'Sweetheart' 6" Try Square




Now here we have an old-timer.

It's a beautifully constructed tool, though a rudimentary squareness check shows it to be a tiny bit off. (God only knows what rough usage or accidents may have befallen it over the years.)

The blade very dimly reveals the Stanley 'Sweetheart' logo, like so.

Image result for stanley s.w. logo

I think that the 'S.W.' stands for 'Stanley Works', a corporate name from way back in Stanley's history.

What I ought to do here is get on with a little project that's long been on my mind -- devising a reliable, accurate squareness test apparatus from easily obtained materials. Then, I'd like to try truing this square; I'd be delighted to have it out on a toolboard and in actual use.

Meanwhile, I'll stash this square in my spare tools drawer.

# # #


# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment