Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Wallpaper Seam Roller


I already have one of these, but this tool conjures up a memory; a memory that's very apropos to today's date -- June 13th is my son's birthday.


Some twenty-three years ago, my wife and I were preparing a bedroom of our home for the arrival of our first (and only) child. Full blown wallpapering was not on, but we wanted to apply a cheerful border to the walls up by the ceiling, around the perimeter of the room.

We didn't know whether we'd be getting a boy or a girl, so we chose a pattern that was about equally blue and pink.

For a couple of novices, the job turned out well, but wallpapering is not a line-of-work that my wife and I are ever likely to want to return to.

So, I'll retire this to the toolbox in which a couple of other wallpapering tools reside in retirement.


May they enjoy one another's company.

- - -

'Found A New Use -- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2013

I was meaning to tear a sheet of coarse sandpaper into quarters to fit my palm sander. It was '60D' paper, and it didn't want to fold and crease nicely for tearing.

I used the roller to roll down my folds and force them to crease sharply. The paper then tore cleanly and easily.

I'll drill a hole through the tool's handle, and hang it on a nail on a toolboard.

# # #


# # #