Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Small Pair Of Long-Nose Pliers




I seem to remember this from time spent in my dad's workshop when I was a boy.

There's no maker's name on it. It looks to be of decent quality, and in pretty good condition. An interesting feature is the wire-cutter portion near the pivot-point -- it's a shear, not a nipper. I can't recall having ever seen that configuration of cutter on a pair of pliers

I'll wire-brush and clean the thing up.

- - -

That's better.



Not by much, but better. Methyl hydrate got the tape residue off the handles. I've oiled the pivot.

Now, where to put it? I have an idea. I have this old Duck Wear tool bag that I used to take to work as a combination briefcase/tool-bag when I was working. The bag has been idle since I got laid off. I may as well start populating it with spare tools, and make a tool kit for the truck. It's quite a good bag.



That's what I'll do.

# # #