Monday, November 25, 2013

A Brass Candle Snuffer



At least, I think that's what it is.

the handle doesn't look quite right -- it appears to have been lopped off. I should come up with a nice way to terminate the handle.

- - -

A Handle Tip

I found something that may do nicely. Here's a view of it.


It's a little, hollow, brass-plated steel cap of some sort. It was in a bin labelled "miscellaneous". I'll fill it with epoxy, bore it to accept the end of the handle rod and glue it on with CA adhesive. That should finish off the snuffer reasonably well.

- - -

Here's the cap filled with epoxy.


(I can't get over how well I guesstimated the amount of epoxy to mix up; I got it exactly right. You'd think I knew what I was doing.)

I'll leave that to fully cure for a day or two, then it will be ready for boring and installation.

- - -

And here it is all done.


Now I have to see if there's a candlestick in the house that needs a snuffer to go with it.

# # #


# # #